Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gopher to Badger 5K


 I caught a ride to the race with my brother-in-law, Anthony. He is the one that told me about this race, and he was signed up for the 1/2 marathon. The 5K buses left later than the 1/2, so I had some time to kill. I got a few pictures and relaxed until the 5K buses started loading.


My first chip-timed race!

Registration set up.
 Because I didn't meet my goal at The Color Run, I decided to keep the same goals for this race. My primary goal at every race is to not walk at all. Secondary is to PR. At The Color Run, I really wanted to be at 35:00 or less, but ended up finishing at 38:00.

Crossing the I-94 bridge.

View crossing the I-94 bridge.

The finish line!
As you may or may not be able to see from the finish line photo, I smoked my 35:00 goal! Endomondo gave me a finish time of 32:15, and tracked it at 3.14 miles. I am excited to log on and see what my chip time says!

No comments:

Post a Comment