Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gopher to Badger 5K~Results


I was very excited after the Gopher to Badger 5K yesterday. If asked, I would not have thought I could get a 5K completed in 32 minutes! So, I took the time to investigate exactly how I did it. I do have another 5K this Saturday, after all! Here is a snapshot of my workout on Endomondo. I found a colleague at the starting line and we ran and chatted the first mile. She has been running much longer than I have, so her pace was quicker than I normally run. After the first mile, she took pity on me and let me trail behind (she finished in 28 min). Part of me wonders if I would have been able to keep up with her all three miles, but I'm pretty certain I wouldn't have been able to!

I was also very curious about where I stood compared to the other runners. Since it was my first chip timed race, I was able to long on and find out! Official time: 32:13, pace of 10:23. Racer number 263 out of 419 finishers. If we look at just the females, I came in 133 out of 258, and in my age division I was 37 out of 74. Considering I haven't even been running for a year, I'm very satisfied with that accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment