Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year Pledge

I'm one of those people that has to have a decisive plan in place to be successful at healthy living. To help me with that, I have joined RunningAHEAD. It is a site I discovered through SlimKatie at Runs for Cookies. I just joined yesterday, so I have a lot to learn about the site, but so far I am excited about the possibilities for the what it can do for my training. I have added in my training plan, taken from many sources. First is the Couch to Half Marathon training for my running. I have been stuck at week five for about a month now, as I keep getting lazy. I also added in squats using the Holiday Squat-A-Thon guide, just doing the same numbers each month and a Plank Challenge that a friend on Lose It! sent me. There is a three minute challenge and a five minute challenge. I didn't think I was ready to tackle the five minute one right away, so I started with the three and kept going from there to get to the five minute goal. I also joined a weight loss challenge through The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. They sent out a Fab-Abs Workout today, so I added that into what I was already planning. I just left out their planking since I am already doing the other plank challenge. 

My only complaint about RunningAHEAD so far is that it does not connect with Endomondo, which I have been using to track my running. So basically, unless I want to spend hours inputting every run I've done in the last year, that info is lost to RA's stats. I'm not sure I have the time or desire to do that. Tomorrow I will attempt to use both Endomondo and MapMyRun, which does sync to RA. I remember not liking that ap as much when I first started, but I don't remember why...Perhaps I will remember after tomorrow's run!

No comments:

Post a Comment