Saturday, January 5, 2013

Long Run


Saturdays are my long run days. I usually really look forward to my long runs. I don't have to worry about getting home in time to make it to work, and I usually get lost in my head while I run. I was just not feeling it today. Perhaps it's because I have a plan for most of the things I've been stressed out about, or because I have thought about it all so much it's time for action instead of thinking. Perhaps it's just that I need to start plotting out a course in advance and stick with it. I was bored. I kept telling myself if I made it halfway it was clear sailing, but it really wasn't. The last two miles were pretty much torture, mostly because I was back in my neighborhood and I hate running in my neighborhood. It's really hilly and just feels tedious. 

All that aside, I did get all nine of my scheduled miles logged today. I feel good that I was able to persevere and get it done when the little voice in my head kept saying logical things like "six miles is good enough, why do you need to get to nine?" 

Here is my workout chart from MapMyRun. (click for a larger view) I accidentally stopped Endomondo with a little over two miles left and ruined that info. Luckily I've start using both aps, as I like Endomondo better, but Running Ahead syncs to MapMyRun. I'm sure I'll choose one over the other eventually, as my almost two hour run drained the battery on my cell with the two aps working simultaneously.


1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that I had to wait for a traffic light at 3, 5, and 7 miles.

    ReplyDelete