Tuesday, January 1, 2013

More Goal Setting


The beginning of a new year is a pretty typical time to set new goals. For me, it's also a little past my anniversary of starting my journey into running. It's a good time to reflect and decide where to go from here. I think one of my goals for 2013 is going to be to run 1000+ miles. When I first saw that number I thought NO WAY! But, I divided it out. If I run five days a week, leaving one day for cross training and one day to rest my mileage needs to average three miles per run. That is totally doable, with the training schedule I'm on right now. I've also seen people that are setting the goal of 2013 miles in 2013. I think that's too much for me, with a full time job, three young kids, and a new house to keep in order. I plan on checking my mileage in three months to see where I am on this and go from there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment