Monday, February 4, 2013

Plateau

I have a feeling tomorrow morning's alarm will require motivation such as above to get me running. 

I am so sick of the plateau that I have been stuck on that I decided to try the "Three Day Diet." It is also referred to as the "Military Diet." I read about it on Pinterest and quickly dismissed it, thinking I'd never survive on such little food. A couple of my friends tried it last week, and a few more were talking about starting it today. I also started it today. My breakfast was 1 slice of toast, 1/2 a grapefruit, 1T peanut butter, and tea. This is actually a lot more than I normally would eat for breakfast. I usually grab a banana or orange and run out the door! Lunch was a bit harder, and I found the need to lock myself in my classroom instead of socializing in the lounge so I wouldn't smell everyone else's delicious lunches. I had 4oz tuna, 1 slice of toast, and more tea. I think the hardest part of these two meals was the tea. I really don't enjoy tea. It could also be coffee, but I hate coffee! I didn't enjoy grapefruit either. I did sprinkle sugar on it, but still had to force myself to eat it. I sure hope this works! Dinner was actually pretty big for me; 3oz of chicken, 1C green beans, 1/2 banana, 1 small apple, and 1C vanilla ice cream. I logged it all into Lose It! as I have been doing for over a year and was actually over my calorie budget! So much for thinking I wasn't going to be eating anything. 

Tomorrow I think I will have a harder time with this. Lunch is 1C cottage cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, and 5 saltines. I think I'll be spreading those saltines out, and avoiding the lounge again! We'll see if I have any success with this at weigh in on Wednesday. I sure hope so, as I feel like I'm holding my team back in the Shrinking Jeans competition, and I'd really LOVE to win the DietBet. The pot is at $5,730, and I only have to lost 6.4 pounds by the end of the month to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment