Friday, June 28, 2013

AWOL

I have been struggling with my health as of late. I have been eating poorly, not exercising, and just exhausted every day. I have started to get back into the swing of things this week. I sat down and created a workout plan and have avoided most temptations today. I know if I just get the sweets out of my system they will be much easier to resist, but it's so hard! I put the Couch to Half Marathon training plan into my new workout plan, and it has me ready for a half on September 6th. Since that is a Friday, I did a Google search for halfs in the area on September 7th. Imagine my surprise when one came up in a neighboring city on that exact day.  It's like it was meant to be. Before I could question myself, I signed up and paid for it. I have started this training plan at least three times, and I know if I don't have a half in mind I won't follow through with it. Because it's paid for and non refundable, I have to stick with the plan! So. That's where I'm at right now. I'm fairly certain I won't make my 1,000 miles in 2013, but I have the half set and I'm working towards the 30 min 5K. I don't think I'll hit that one on my next 5K, as that is the Color Run in July and it's so crowded it's hard to actually RUN at all. Plus, with my little hiatus from running, I am really out of shape and feel like I'm running through Jell-O. My pace is about a minute slower than it was when I stopped running a couple of months ago. I am pushing the pace to improve, but I don't think I can so that much in just a couple of weeks. However, I plan on signing up for the New Richmond Racing Series again this fall/winter so I'll have several left in 2013 to hit that goal. As for the 10K, I'll probably do the Diva Dash again. I liked that it was close, not too many runners, and they had door prizes ;) Not that I won, but it's still fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment